A Mastering Transfer Console Input and Filter Board

Where we discuss new analog design ideas for Pro Audio and modern spins on vintage ones.
tekno808

Re: A Mastering Transfer Console Input and Filter Board

Post by tekno808 »

Hi,

Did i miss something ... i can't find the mouser bill of materials ...

Regards,

Danny.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

Danny - I have a number of BOMs for this project that I need to sort out and organize. Its a little complicated with all the various options.

Update 3/1/18: There is now a build thread for the MTC-IGFO located here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=940
Gold

Post by Gold »

mediatechnology wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:11 pm The BOM shows 10 of each resistor because its almost as cheap to buy 10 each as it is 1.
Mouser link https://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/P ... b6d456c09d
It's my goal to have a well stocked shop. That includes any resistor value that might come up for any build. My goal is to have all E97 values on hand. Any time I run across a resistor value I don't have I order 200. That way I'll never need to order that value again. The Xicon resistors are $0.014 ea or $2.80 a bag in quantity 200 at mouser.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

When I bought all of mine I bought 200 each of the Xicon and 100 of the KOA values. For the 23 gain resistors it gets pricey from some builders to buy 200 of each but that would be my recommendation too if you can afford it.

This BOM has a single 4-40 nut in it. Having been a shipping clerk myself as a youngster I feel sorry for the guy at Mouser who has to go and pull a single nut out of the bin. I've tested a number of the BOMs by ordering them to build assembled boards. Having Mouser kit the whole thing is like building a Heathkit.

This particular board has so many variations its hard for one BOM to work.