Welcome to the Test, Measurement and Repair Forum

This is where we talk about testing, measuring and repairing things. Sometimes we have to repair the equipment we use to test, measure and repair other things. It's an endless cycle of fixing the broken things we need to fix other broken things.
mediatechnology

Welcome to the Test, Measurement and Repair Forum

Post by mediatechnology »

I decided to create a new sub-forum where we can post about test, measurement and repair topics.
emrr

Re: Welcome to the Test, Measurement and Repair Forum

Post by emrr »

Good idea!
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
mediatechnology

Thanks Doug!
I'm moving some topics posted in other threads that may be more relevant and visible here.
In many cases I'm leaving shadow topics in the old sub-forums to prevent broken links.

Slowly I'm converting the entire site to https for embedded image links which is causing me to revisit each and every thread.
Though I could have written a script for that, by doing it manually I rediscover some old friends and broken links.
Audio1Man

Post by Audio1Man »

Hi All
I worked for Audio Precision for many years as and Analog Engineer, now semi-retired. I service /older AP’s and have been to answer some questions. I have a web “sound-logic-la.com”.
Duke
mediatechnology

Duke - Thank you for joining us here! I'm aware of your work. Wished I still had my old System One.

I recently downloaded the System One manual and have enjoyed going over the front-end schematics in particular.

Real links here are fine: http://sound-logic-la.com/
JR.

Post by JR. »

Hi there and welcome... I've seen you around the WWW...

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
Audio1Man

Post by Audio1Man »

I was listing to my music system this mourning and it failed. My system consist of Electro-Voice SP13.5RBXWK Rearaxial Softspeaker driven by a Crown Belchfire BF6000SUX with the Rane P1 14 Pseudoacoustic Infector preamp with the Jensen's JE-EP-ERs Multi-denomial Transpedance Informer input stage (I got it as the last of the Zeta metal stock was depleted). The system spit out smoke and them no sound. After looking into fixing the problem, I found that the National LM0901A1411090451C Polish Opamp had failed and I need a replacement or data sheet to make a substitute. Thank god the Signetics 25120 Write-Only-Memory (WOM) is still working.
Duke
JR.

Post by JR. »

You should consider replacing the whole rig with a TL431, I hear they sound magical. :lol:

JR

PS; Happy april phools
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

I have the 25120 datasheet.
It was a great part but not widely used.
It had a long write time requirement but there were work-arounds not widely known.
Gold

Post by Gold »

It is very picky about power. Since you are in CA it should be no problem to drop a electrode in around San Pedro and another one in around Malibu and get some power out of the salt water.