Re: Cyril Bateman Capacitor Sound Archive

A resource for technical documentation. Datasheets, application notes, instruction manuals, books and links to resources are found in the Document Library.
mediatechnology

Re: Cyril Bateman "Speaker Amp Interaction" Unpublished Part 2

Post by mediatechnology »

Other Bateman Articles:

November 27, 2019. Now includes Part 1 and the previously-unpublished Part 2 (begins page 16) courtesy of forum member Ian Hegglun. Ian was helping Cyril proof read the article but it was never published before Cyril died. Ian believes Cyril would have made part 2 available to the public if he could have. Thank you Ian for sending this important unpublished article by Cyril.

Bateman, Speaker Amp Interaction:
http://www.waynekirkwood.com/images/pdf ... action.pdf [5M]

(The new link is also included in the original post.)
Gold

Post by Gold »

I plan on trying C0G ceramics in the Barry Porter Net EQ I’m starting in on. I haven’t heard of anyone using them in an EQ circuit. I hope they sound as clean as they look on paper.
JR.

Post by JR. »

Gold wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:50 pm I plan on trying C0G ceramics in the Barry Porter Net EQ I’m starting in on. I haven’t heard of anyone using them in an EQ circuit. I hope they sound as clean as they look on paper.
COG, aka NPO, are very linear so should be fine in any audio frequency path.

Back a couple decades ago we didn't have such good options for SMD caps in audio filters. I had some catastrophic results using film SMD caps that did not survive my contract manufacturer's process... the plastic used in the film caps became physically unstable resulting in shifting values and worse.

NPO/COG will be fine.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

Added Bateman, Capacitor Misunderstandings: https://www.waynekirkwood.com/images/pd ... ndings.pdf