Merry Christmas

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
emrr

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by emrr »

One more time around folks! Merry Christmas!
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
emrr

Post by emrr »

Man, it's 75 here today! Record breakers for the last 5 days. Shorts and no shoes. Crazy! Happy holidays!
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
JR.

Post by JR. »

raf wrote:Hi all, Merry Christmas!

We got around 8" of white stuff today... I love how it gets quiet when we get snow.
Been seeing reports that weather has been harsh elsewhere, like where JR lives. The rest of the south I assume...
Be safe!

Best
Roger
We had a tornado watch but that is not unusual here, like snow is not unusual where you live.

The latest actual tornado touched down up near the top of the state so about half a state away from me .

Lately I've been running dehumidifiers to knock down the indoor RH, but they throw off heat so today I am running my air conditioner on Christmas day (not normal). Temp and RH outdoors both in the 80s. Looking at the radar my bike ride may get rained out today.

Merry christmas... and enjoy the snow, I don't mind visiting it (at ski areas) but already shoveled my share growing up in the NE.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
brianroth

Post by brianroth »

And Merry Christmas to all my friends here! I drove down to Okla. City this past Tuesday to see family, and do some studio tech work back in my old home town. Scurried back to Kansas ahead of the impending ice storm/blizzard!

Bri
Professional audio and video systems design/installation/maintenance.
www.BrianRoth.com
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

Sorry I'm late to the party.
It was about 77 here Christmas Day.
The day after Christmas warm and eventful: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=406&p=9168#p9168
JR.

Post by JR. »

Yup we already had a tornado in MS a couple days ago but the same weather system with disturbances is slowly moving east.

Glad you're OK... Tornados are like that, a miss is as good as a few miles.

JR
Gold

Post by Gold »

I'm late to the party but Merry Christmas. I just give gifts to my nice and nephew and a couple of cousins a generation after me because we celebrate Chanukah with them.

I just got back from some time in the Adirondacks. It was beautiful as usual. On Christmas it was close to 70ºF and two days later it got down to 2ºF. We like snow but none fell until we were on the way out.
Gold

Post by Gold »

Hey Roger,

Same to you!

My brother and his family live in Oakland. They are happy there is snow is the mountains this year both for the drought and so they can ski this winter.

Paul
JR.

Post by JR. »

raf wrote:Doubt it is this cold in Oakland, but it was 9 degrees at 7:30 this morning here in Hellfork.
Starting to miss being close to that big thermal mass, the Pacific ocean...
I don't burn wood for heat any more, I am using 2 of those infrared box heaters, it is 65 degrees in the house...
We are on hydroelectric power here, and it is cheap. Now, electric heat seems appropriate given that.
I have electric heat too, but not cheap electricity... My utility built a "clean" (cough) coal power plant that is years late and still not making electricity, but already making my bills higher.

I suspect it may be too cold for you to get much benefit from air based heat pump (like I use), but a ground based one, while more expensive to install would work.

I use time of day thermostat for my bedroom so I only heat it at night when I use it, likewise the main room gets pretty cold at night.

HNY

JR

PS: The minute I bought myself a new lawn mower (this week) the weather here got wetter and colder... :lol:
JR.

Post by JR. »

time to bump this for another Christmas greetings...

Merry christmas all....y'all

JR