A "Dummy" Cart For Phono Preamp Noise Testing

Where we discuss new analog design ideas for Pro Audio and modern spins on vintage ones.
Gold

Re: A "Dummy" Cart For Phono Preamp Noise Testing

Post by Gold »

When I originally built the PTS I tried de clicking flat vs RIAA. It didn’t seem worth the trouble to me. Using RX. I don’t deal with pre RIAA curves.

That miniDSP stuff is great. I have an MCH Streamer I want to use to pass native DSD for a cutting rig. A full blown Pyramix isn’t in the cards because I only have one client who cuts from DSD and he brings a Pyramix.

I’m working on the Shaker Transfer Station now. A three tonearm setup using three separate PTS preamps and a Denon DP80 turntable. All built into a cart constructed from 80/20 framing. After I finish that I’ll work on the DSD cutting rig using the miniDSP MCH streamer.
AnalogJoe

Post by AnalogJoe »

Gold wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:56 pm I bought the Cosmos DAC. The driver software was pretty wonky. It was a while ago but you couldn’t set it up and have it keep settings. The setting it defaults to were useless. It got put on a shelf. If anyone wants it a nominal fee plus shipping and it’s yours.
Am I mistaken or does it work with the ASIO4All drivers?
Bonum certamen certavi, cursum consumavi, fidem servavi.
Gold

Post by Gold »

AnalogJoe wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:48 pm Am I mistaken or does it work with the ASIO4All drivers?
It’s been a while. I think there was a custom driver that had some settings control. As I remember there was some weirdness over mono/stereo settings and levels. I could be misremembering though.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

Gold wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:40 pm
AnalogJoe wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:48 pm Am I mistaken or does it work with the ASIO4All drivers?
It’s been a while. I think there was a custom driver that had some settings control. As I remember there was some weirdness over mono/stereo settings and levels. I could be misremembering though.
You might check the link at the bottom of the page to see if the E1DA A/D has an updated driver. https://e1dashz.wixsite.com/index/cosmos-adc

Looks like he added RIAA de-emphasis to the driver file in the summer of 2023.

The whole COSMOS line is featured here: https://e1dashz.wixsite.com/index/cosmos