Finally: An Affordable Turntable from Dayton Audio and Parts Express

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

Just bought one of these for a Christmas gift. It has USB, Bluetooth, Line-Level and Cart-level outputs. Seems like a good value at $179 US.
The Dayton Audio TT-1 Belt Drive Turntable is a versatile and high-quality turntable that combines modern technology and delivers a classic vinyl listening experience. With its built-in USB and Bluetooth connectivity, you can easily connect it to your computer or speakers and enjoy your vinyl records in exceptional audio quality. The upgraded Audio Technica AT-VM95E Cartridge ensures outstanding playback performance, delivering clear and detailed sound. Whether you're a vinyl enthusiast or a beginner, this turntable offers convenience and superior sound reproduction, making it a fantastic choice for any music lover.
Key Features
•Upgraded AT-VM95E cartridge w/ bonded stylus tip offers superior audio quality. Universal detachable headshell enables easy cartridge changes.
•Anti-skate and counterweight adjustments ensure compatibility with any cartridge, keeping the stylus centered in the groove without harming records.
•Pair the TT-1 with Bluetooth speakers/headphones for a wire-free experience, no need for expensive phono pre-amps and receivers.
•Digitize vinyl audio by connecting turntable to computer via USB. Encode into MP3s for easy storage and playback on computer, smartphone, or tablet.
•The TT-1 has a built-in phono pre-amp for compatibility with any stereo system, allowing use with or without a separate pre-amplifier.
•The aluminum tonearm is made of aircraft-grade aluminum, offering high rigidity and low friction bearings for precise tracking of record grooves.
https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Au ... quantity=1

mediatechnology

Re: Finally: An Affordable Turntable from Dayton Audio and Parts Express

Post by mediatechnology »

This is a great turntable for $179. I bought two.

One minor issue I had was the first unit had loose screws in the inner gimbal. One had backed out completely.
The second unit also had loose inner gimbal screws.
The outer ones on both were tight.

I haven't got Bluetooth to pair on either.
I haven't listened to the USB output which I did test.
It enumerates as A USB microphone in Win 7.
I'm currently using the line-level output which has a silence detector and mutes preamp noise when there's no playback audio.

I did change the cart to an AT-96 I had.
The turntable deserved something better than the supplied AT-VM95E.

A movie of it in action: https://proaudiodesignforum.com/content ... e_Demo.mp4