Foona's PICO build [Just started out]

Construction information for DIY projects, including the MS Mid Side Matrix, Elliptic Equalizer, Mastering Console, Phono Transfer System, Insert Switcher and the Dual Class-A Amplifier. You can post your baby pictures here.
Foona

Foona's PICO build [Just started out]

Post by Foona »

Well i finally found the perfect DIY compressor project. The PICO! :D

I recieced my shipment about 5 days after I placed the order. Madness! I am used having to wait
for 2-3 weeks up to 6 months for parts when ordering outside the Swedish borders. Exellent service indeed!!!

Nice packaging by Wayne here. Thank you.

And here are the parts. :)

Mono Pico Compressor basic kit with curcuit board and THAT ICs.
Precision Gain reduction metering board (10 LED)
I even added: F2/F4 switch curcuit board and a general-purpose power supply
based on the LM317/LM337 powers the Pico Compressor (PSU).

I am going to base my design of the Ferguson's 3481 amplifier.
I own three of these babies and i love them. My father purchased his first
more then 35 years ago.

Foona's sleep depraved and very disturbed brain wrote: ?Question?
The PICO is using auto attack/release, and I would very much like to modify my PICO
so I can controll these parameters using rotary potentiometers. Are there any "A/R-boards"
for purchase available?
I have been planning the design using trusty windows "paint". :lol:
This design is just a preliminary scetch. I'll probably rework it many times before I am satisfied.

front
Take notice to the long red power indikator. I wanted to copy the design from the Ferguson amps.

sides
Nothing speciall. There will be cutted tracks running along the sides from back to front.
YUM Delicious!!!

topp
Cutted holes for ventilation on the far back end of the top, just like on the Ferguson 3481 amp.
Also cutted tracks in the outer edges of the top. I LOVE cutted tracks, did I forget to mention that?

As stated above, this is just a preliminary design. I have been looking for the right type of knobs
since I ordered the PICO parts. I think i've found them finally. I'll post pictures as soon as i have them.

More info will come, promise. :)