THAT DN130: first order state variable filter

Where we discuss new analog design ideas for Pro Audio and modern spins on vintage ones.
emrr

Re: THAT DN130: first order state variable filter

Post by emrr »

They have a few new mixers I don't know much about, but have noticed. The manual is probably available for download, and may offer clues.
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
JR.

Post by JR. »

JR is writing code for a DSP processor at the moment.. :idea:

I don't know how to program plug-ins, While just a few days ago I was reminded that there are requests for a plug-in to cover the old Loft 440/450 studio flanger/delay... Not worth it to learn for one SKU IMO

In the subject of plug-ins, I just saw an announcement for a plug-in to perform Dugan automatic mixing. $500 for a friggin plug in that the console makers could probably code in for free... But it's cheaper than Dugan's add on card for Yamaha digital consoles.

I don't understand the need to add hardware to a digital console to perform simple gain riding. Nor the expensive plug-in price, but good for Dan for as long as he can get away with it.

JR

PS: That YAMA stuff looks like their low end stuff.. with some high end marketing. :lol: maybe I'm missing something.
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
emrr

Post by emrr »

Wow on that Dugan Yamy card price. If I ignore the price, I can imagine having enough unscripted lavalier mics show up on stage that it could be useful. I envision being freed up to delve into corrective EQ full time, which isn't always possible. It's a mighty rich solution.
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
JR.

Post by JR. »

I designed an 8 channel automatic mixer for Peavey (15+ years ago) that retailed for around $500 for a hardware solution.

Dugan has a high end niche where people have evolved from using his several $k hardware to a couple $k add in card so they can get their digital console environment.

He will sell a bunch of plug ins too...

I am biased because I know how to do it, and it it isn't heavy lifting.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.