Radiotron Designer's Handbook

A resource for technical documentation. Datasheets, application notes, instruction manuals, books and links to resources are found in the Document Library.
ricardo

Re: Radiotron Designer's Handbook

Post by ricardo »

These days, a pdf version of a textbook is most useful but if I wasn't a beach bum, I'd also want hard copies of important texts. There's nothing like certain bedtime reading to cure insomnia.

http://www.amazon.com/Radio-Designers-H ... 0750636351

is the 1953 European edition of Langford Smith and apart from the title, it is identical. A very reasonable new price especially considering the ridiculous prices old copies were fetching not so long ago.

My only criticism is that it is very US centric so only skims over eg British developments in valve amps.

If you're not a hot bottle freak, the chapters on transformers are still priceless & available no where else.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

Did Newnes actually republish it in 1997? Or is that an error in the Amazon listing? I was not aware that it had been re-issued.
ricardo

Post by ricardo »

mediatechnology wrote:Did Newnes actually republish it in 1997? Or is that an error in the Amazon listing? I was not aware that it had been re-issued.
Yes they did and these are new copies. The cover isn't the same as the 1953 edition.