Jensen receives the TECnology Hall Of Fame Award

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Jensen receives the TECnology Hall Of Fame Award

Post by mediatechnology »

Radial Engineering

It is a great honor to receive one of the 2018 NAMM TECnology Hall Of Fame awards. The award was presented to Dave Hill, president of Jensen Transformers, for Deane Jensen's development of the 990 Discrete Op-Amp. Jensen Transformers is now a subsidiary of Radial Engineering.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YCWqqR ... e=youtu.be

"What do you call those things?" Transformers....
JR.

Re: Jensen receives the TECnology Hall Of Fame Award

Post by JR. »

A little late for Deane... RIP.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

I have the Comtrans documents you sent me some time ago. I should scan them.
Speedskater

Post by Speedskater »

Jensen Transformers sent me an e-mail about the award. I think that this is the first e-mail I have ever received from their sign-in list.
Kevin
mediatechnology

Same here.
They now require a registration for their application notes which is how they had my email addy.

I still chuckle at the emitter inductor patent Jensen received that Dick Burwin had already done years earlier while at Analog Devices.
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:47 pm Same here.
They now require a registration for their application notes which is how they had my email addy.

I still chuckle at the emitter inductor patent Jensen received that Dick Burwin had already done years earlier while at Analog Devices.

Dick Burwin was pretty clever too. I recall an old single ended NR he sold in the early 70s... Not a cheap consumer product and didn't sell well AFAIK.

JR
Gold

Post by Gold »

I believe Dick Burwin did most of the design of Mark Levinson's Cello brand along with the electronics for the Studer A80RC's that were then rebranded as Mark Levinson MR5's.
JR.

Post by JR. »

Gold wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:11 pm I believe Dick Burwin did most of the design of Mark Levinson's Cello brand along with the electronics for the Studer A80RC's that were then rebranded as Mark Levinson MR5's.
Well they were both in CT at roughly the same time (me too)... IIRC the Burwin NR we bought was from a small company in CT (early 70s), and I attended the Bankruptcy auction of Mark Levinson, outside New Haven, years later in the early 80s.

I actually won two (sound technology) distortion analysers in that bankruptcy auction but lost them again when the whole inventory was sold to one person (group?) in an entirety bid, for more than the auction total amount. :(

JR