Summer heat

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
JR.

Re: Summer heat

Post by JR. »

Drink plenty of fluids...

Interesting that your low 12% humidity results in a slightly lower "heat index" temp of 104'

The 57% humidity here makes our actual temp of low 90's calculate up to a "real feel" temp of 111'

Hot any way you measure it. Be careful.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
JR.

Post by JR. »

I was out cutting my grass and trimming my rain ditches.

These days since I got my big dog (44") mower, I spend 0.4 hours cutting grass and then a couple hours doing the trim. :o

I'm getting pretty good at battery management with my trimmer. Yesterday when I finished trimming i had two batteries that were both too hot to take a charge. I start alternating and recharging the batteries when they drop to about 2/3 charge. If i wait until 1/3 charge they can't be recharged until they cool.

I like the way the powerful trimmer can keep the small weed trees in check. I used to wait until they were a few feet tall to cut them, now I can knock them down every week.

====
yesterday was actually more humid than forecast. I got rained on. :lol: But it didn't feel all that hot, after temp dropped to around 90'

JR
emrr

Post by emrr »

We are always around 50%, it's usually 80-90% before 10AM. Temps in the low 90's are regularly heat index of 108. I'll take Rogers 108 versus my 95!
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
JR.

Post by JR. »

I ride my bike 5 miles in the mid-day heat and despite the breeze I am always soaking wet when I finish.

As long as we get over night lows down in the 70's the air can turn off a few hours a day.. :lol:

JR