Southern California Fire

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
apexjr

Re: Southern California Fire

Post by apexjr »

Yep... I'm here...
This is so stressfull, I work out of my house which is on Orange Ave and this morning at 2:30 police were evacuating
which were the wrong directions, HOWEVER this afternoon we had a Mandatory evacuation. So I took out of the house
most all of my life and brought to my warehouse in Verdugo City and hope I got everything.
Since the STATION fire is so big we in La Crescenta were not getting drops of water because La Canada and Acton
seem to take Priority. Governor was close and hasn't helped much...

I've been in this house for 31 years and haven't had any problems...'Hoping all goes well.

Roger, Yes, I'm also trying to move my warehouse to Torrance and this has taken a Priority.
AND, Thanks for asking

Steve @ Apex Jr.
www.apexjr.com
emrr

Post by emrr »

Good luck Steve. I remember coming to your house back in '99. I really can't visualize that sort of threat being so close to your home, at least not the way I remember it. But then, I'm also not used to thinking about things being so dry; we have something like 85% humidity here. Wish I could send some your way.
Best,

Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
apexjr

Post by apexjr »

Hopefully I've done this right
station fire.JPG
station fire.JPG (217.39 KiB) Viewed 14788 times
JR.

Post by JR. »

Good luck
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
apexjr

Post by apexjr »

THANKS ... Roger and JR...
Things are a little better, the fire has moved over to Sunland-Tujunga and top of Briggs and
thats where the fire planes and helicopers are going. Don't get me wrong there are flareups
by me and still very smokey and yesterday had a mandatory evacuation and had to take the
computer and all paperwork, invoices and everything from the business to the warehouse.

Roads are closed from Lowell to Ocean View from Santa Carlotta and Orange North ( Roger you'll
know how far that is) Also not sure about the Ananda Ashrama but know that thay have had
major problems at the top of Pennsyvania.

They were going to do a backburn at Dukmejian Park but decieded not to and have brought in
tanks of water so that the helicopter to pick up and not go to Castacic Lake.

I brought back the computer and am on it with a mask on.

I suspect to be fine.

Steve @ Apex Jr.
apexjr

Post by apexjr »

Yes, back in my house and brought all the business stuff back...
Cops have left and letting people thru now.

Still smokey here but no close fires.

They did a backburn by the Ashram and it was saved.. They were almost sure Mt Wilson
couldn't be saved and glad they were able to save the towers there and at Mt Lukins too.

Thanks for asking, I was really surprised at how many people called or emailed me.

Steve @ Apex Jr.
mediatechnology

Post by mediatechnology »

Steve -

Have the smoke levels dropped down some since your last report? How close did it wind up getting to you? Your photo only looked to be a couple of miles.

Wayne
apexjr

Post by apexjr »

Were fine now and up and running.

A friend sent me this link;

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/0 ... iforn.html

Steve @ Apex Jr.