PM bug? Nah, clumsy user!

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Re: PM bug?

Post by mediatechnology »

Hmm...

Sometimes in IE7 I hit a series of control or ALT keys which hits the back page button in IE or some other obscure function. It's very frustrating and I've lost a number of good posts that way by going back to the page where there's an empty edit box. It may be ALT-Backspace. I know that when typing I often hold the shift key through two characters. I can see that error. I don't remember that in FireFox or Opera.

From IE Help:

To do this Press this:

Display Help F1
Toggle between full-screen and regular views of the browser window F11
Move forward through the items on a webpage, the Address bar, or the Links bar TAB
Move back through the items on a webpage, the Address bar, or the Links bar SHIFT+TAB
Go to your home page ALT+HOME
Go to the next page ALT+RIGHT ARROW
Go to the previous page ALT+LEFT ARROW or BACKSPACE
Display a shortcut menu for a link SHIFT+F10
Move forward through frames and browser elements (only works if tabbed browsing is disabled) CTRL+TAB or F6
Move backward between frames (only works if tabbed browsing is disabled) CTRL+SHIFT+TAB
Scroll toward the beginning of a document UP ARROW or SHIFT+SPACEBAR
Scroll toward the end of a document DOWN ARROW or SPACEBAR
Scroll toward the beginning of a document in larger increments PAGE UP
Scroll toward the end of a document in larger increments PAGE DOWN
Move to the beginning of a document HOME
Move to the end of a document END
Find on this page CTRL+F
Refresh the current webpage F5
Refresh the current webpage, even if the time stamp for the web version and your locally stored version are the same CTRL+F5
Stop downloading a page ESC
Open a new website or page CTRL+O
Open a new window CTRL+N
Close the current window (if you only have one tab open) CTRL+W or ALT+F4
Save the current page CTRL+S
Print the current page or active frame CTRL+P
Activate a selected link ENTER
Open Favorites CTRL+I
Open History CTRL+H
Open Feeds CTRL+J
Open the Page menu ALT+P
Open the Tools menu ALT+T
Open the Help menu ALT+H
JR.

Re: PM bug? Nah, clumsy user!

Post by JR. »

Years ago before MACs and PCs were dominant (early '80s) I used to write my magazine article using a crude code editor, on my aging but still functional Heath H-11, until one day I accidentally typed /K instead /L.. Instead of advancing one line, I erased (killed) about two days worth of writing.. arghhh no undo key or backup files back in those days. I went out the next day and bought a Compaq PC clone with a real word processing program.
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Re: PM bug? Nah, clumsy user!

Post by mediatechnology »

typed /K instead /L
/K for kill? That's brutal.

Roger - Does your keyboard have a Windows function key? That may be it to since IIRC it's by the spacebar. I use old geniune IBM keyboards that have the "Selectric" style tactile sensation. They don't have Windows Keys so I don't know what they heck they do to provide combinations.