"Deboosting" Google or Are We Banned? I'll Call Either A Win.

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Re: "Deboosting" Google or Are We Banned? I'll Call Either A Win.

Post by mediatechnology »

Weaponizing Google's Algo Against Google Itself

Post by mediatechnology » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:48 am
Here's how it works.

Some time ago I began to introduce speech and links that Google's algo would determine to be "wrong think."
Things like "learn to code" or links to Zero Hedge, InfoWars, Breitbart and other independent media.

The thread "I Am A Google Deporable" and asking them by phone "why would I support Google with my business when they clearly want people like me dead?" may have also flagged this forum.

I also tried deactivating their bot's credentials but it still crawls us regularly.

I am proliferating "wrong think" and Google doesn't like it.
It's worked.

The following are search results for the term Level Detectors, Absolute Value, Peak and RMS a thread posted here since 2008 with more than 65,000 views. The search term was not in quotes - to provide a logical "and" function - except in the case of Google.

Google did not return any direct results to this forum even when the exact term "Level Detectors, Absolute Value, Peak and RMS" was used.

Google would show results for other sites that do link to this forum.

This site, by design, has now been blacklisted by Google.

Google however provides the indices for many of the sites which do return results.

It's not Google's index, but Google's own internal algorithmic bias, which blacklists this forum from the web.

Google wants me dead.
I'm happy with that.

DuckDuckGo

Bing

Yahoo

Lycos

Ecosia

Google

The Pro Audio design Forum does not come up on any Google results even when the term is in quotes.

The site Google places at position one contains at least one back-link to the forum in the very first post. The Google bot crawls it, the index containing the back-links are sold to other search firms and used, but Google doesn't display them.

"More than averagely fun & disparate collection of Level, Absolute Value, Peak and RMS Detectors"

http://microcontrollers.2385.n7.nabble. ... 01073.html
JR.

Post by JR. »

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/03/ ... -midterms/

I saw an hour long interview with Robert Epstein and he sounds credible. He is actually a Hillary supporter democrat but still calling foul over Google search engine shenanigans... He studied and measured vote outcomes related to search engine bias...

Further he proposed multiple similar influencers... Like when you start to type in a search term and they offer multiple suggestions, that they want to push. Human decision making is squishy and not very critical of subtle information presented this way.

I stopped using google search months ago when they would not allow me to find references that I knew existed, in effect changing history.

It is unclear that this is some overt corporate conspiracy, while they acknowledge support for the liberal/progressive agenda, and routinely spit out conservative employees who don't align with the internal vibe. It may just be a consequence of the liberal/progressive bias of most google employees who craft the search algorithms.

This is not trivial to even prove... a lot of the influencing behavior are these etherial SE suggestions that disappear and don't persist.

I am not a fan of conspiracy theories but this is far bigger electoral fairness issue than a few soviet disinformation posts on social media. This also makes Hillary's loss that much more remarkable with the fat SE thumb on the scales. The expectation is that they will up their game for 2020, like me and many others they thought Hillary would win in 2016 so gloves are off for 2020. :twisted:

JR

PS: For further proof that he is on to something, slate and politically biased media have debunked his report and testimony. :roll:
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
terkio

Post by terkio »

It is clear politicians and advertisers have used internet right away to influence people.
That has reached a stratospheric level, with bots fighing against bots to bias search engines.
Now days, you rarely get the information you are looking for, to specific requests.
mediatechnology

State AGs Unveil Sweeping Anti-Trust Probe Against Google On Steps Of The Supreme Court

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-09- ... reme-court
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:38 pm State AGs Unveil Sweeping Anti-Trust Probe Against Google On Steps Of The Supreme Court

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-09- ... reme-court
I wish this was for the right reasons but it's mainly about the Benjamins. The state Ag's couldn't press the case in federal courts so used more partisan state judges.

Big tech will gladly pay them hundred's of $B just to co-opt them... like big tobacco did.

JR
mediatechnology

I agree JR but its a start.
And while they're being nibbled on by State AG's like ducks users are leaving Big Tech platforms in droves.
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:30 am I agree JR but its a start.
And while they're being nibbled on by State AG's like ducks users are leaving Big Tech platforms in droves.
I am starting to think this is serious after seeing how much they can sway decision making... this can impact who controls congress and maybe even the white house.

I don't know if these guys are getting bolder or dumber... I never told facebook where I live or gave them a phone number. Several weeks ago they stopped pushing local MS ads at me and started pushing NJ ads, presumably because the only bio info I gave them was the NJ HS I graduated from decades ago. Then about a week ago they switched back to sending me MS ads...

The only thing I hate worse than location based ads, is personalized ads... My WSJ subscription is expiring and they have started sending me renewal notice/Ads on facebook WTF screw them :roll: :roll:

JR

PS: Speaking of things that irritate me, my squirrels are back... none this morning or I'd be out there punctuating them... but I have started to see chewed pecans on the ground, and the pecans are not even ripe yet...
billshurv

Post by billshurv »

In the fight against the grey squirrel in Uk (as we like our cute but useless Reds) the pine Marten has been found to prefer eating greys so they have been introduced back into some forests. I can't see what could possibly go wrong...
mediatechnology

I am starting to think this is serious after seeing how much they can sway decision making... this can impact who controls congress and maybe even the white house.
Yes, and it's far more dark and dangerous than that tying into 24/7/365 surveillance, social credit scoring and eugenics.
They want us dead.
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:01 am
Yes, and it's far more dark and dangerous than that tying into 24/7/365 surveillance, social credit scoring and eugenics.
They want us dead.
I saw a news report from a Swedish scientist (? or a joke) that suggested cannibalism would reduce global warming. That could kill two birds with one meal... :lol:

JR