"I Am A Google Deplorable" 855-290-0342

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Re: "I Am A Google Deplorable" 855-290-0342

Post by mediatechnology »

I think the tide is beginning to turn against Google on a great many fronts not the least of which are the number of alienated customers/users.

Search is broken. YouTube independent creators are going to revolt. Content is suffering. With Google racketeering with big entrenched dying media to promote their content it will soon became as engaging and useful as Yahoo.

The marketplace, legal system, government and internal pressures are all coming to bear upon them like a huge tsunami.

Google is turning to shit just like San Francisco right before our eyes.

Discovery in Damore et al v. Google will be a beautiful thing.
JR.

Post by JR. »

This is not related (I think) but yesterday my gutter guys drove past my house about an hour before showing up... They tried to use google maps to find my house and it sent them several miles away into nowhere land...

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

JR. wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:15 pm This is not related (I think) but yesterday my gutter guys drove past my house about an hour before showing up... They tried to use google maps to find my house and it sent them several miles away into nowhere land...

JR
You've been "de-personed" by Google maps.
Congratulations. :)
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:05 pm
JR. wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:15 pm This is not related (I think) but yesterday my gutter guys drove past my house about an hour before showing up... They tried to use google maps to find my house and it sent them several miles away into nowhere land...

JR
You've been "de-personed" by Google maps.
Congratulations. :)
I don't think I can take credit for that... since I get USPS mail in a PO box, my street address does not exist in their database and for some inexplicable reason, fedex uses the USPS database so they likewise can't find me (using high tech). Low tech still works.... kind of crazy

JR
mediatechnology

Are you in the E911 database?

Being across the street from the post office I find all of this ironic.
Gold

Post by Gold »

I was able to put a name to the previously unnamed hill we are on in ADK. If you punch in Lester Hill, Schroon Lake NY our place shows up. The hill was unnamed on the USGS map and every other map I have so I thought it would be okay to name it. It's Lester Hill for one previous dog. The road is Earl's Way for the other previous dog. I had street signs made for both.
JR.

Post by JR. »

mediatechnology wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:10 pm Are you in the E911 database?
yes.. I think it was almost 20 years ago when they assigned a rational 4 digit house number to me... 7489
DSCF0170.JPG
But... the Post office does not give a flip about E-911 database.... I have several neighbors with PO Boxes in the exact same address catch-22 situation.

To add insult to injury FEDEX uses the USPS data base not E-911. E-911 appears to be locally operated (probably by underfunded red necks). I have tried to talk with USPS and FEDEX with no success... Perhaps something for congress to make the PO do.

Some websites use a fedex address checker application based on USPS database that says my street address does not exist, and to add insult to injury fedex does not deliver to PO boxes. :roll:
Being across the street from the post office I find all of this ironic.
For chuckles I just did a search... bing and google maps got my location right, but just last week one of these map applications sent my gutter crew off into the weeds. I just tried mapquest and they have the screwed up location data... so google is innocent this time, mapquest is FUBAR.

Mapquest had a button for problems, but it just opened a pop window trying to sell me a motel room. no motels in hickory... :lol: Apparently MAPQUEST uses some geo-locating to "estimate" where I am from some other reference addresses they trust... Unfortunately this "estimate" places me miles south of old highway 80, instead of yards just north of it, since hwy 503 the road I am on, passes through downtown Hickory so street numbers get interrupted and restart a distance away.

JR
mediatechnology

Project Veritas: LEAKED Documents Highlight “Machine Learning Fairness” and Google’s Practices to Make Search Results “fair and equitable.”: https://www.projectveritas.com/2019/06/ ... idden-cam/

Mirror: https://www.bitchute.com/video/re9Xp6cdkro/
mediatechnology

The problem is the fairness algorithm is exactly what our enemies exposed...

I told you not to hire a woman!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzOjBhoBhnr ... 016cs5nwmj
mediatechnology

Joe Rogan - A Google Deplorable - Moves to Spotify

Not only is that a blow to Apple, but also Alphabet (NASDAQ:GOOG) (NASDAQ:GOOGL) subsidiary Google, as Rogan's channel on YouTube has nearly 9 million subscribers, with each episode typically garnering around 2 million to 3 million views each. Certain episodes that feature high-profile guests like Elon Musk can enjoy a much larger audience (Musk's appearance on JRE last week has 13 million views). Clips will still be available on YouTube, but people will have to go to Spotify for full episodes.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/05/ ... big-d.aspx

Congratulations Joe!
Glad you came around...