"I Am A Google Deplorable" 855-290-0342

Relax in southern comfort on the east bank of the Mississippi. You're just around the corner from Beale Street and Sun Records. Watch the ducks, throw back a few and tell us what's on your mind.
mediatechnology

Re: "I Am A Google Deplorable" 855-290-0342

Post by mediatechnology »

billshurv wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:19 am As most of big tech these days is about tickling dopamine receptors the less social media you go on the better in terms of having a life. Two of my teen daughters are totally hooked.
I'm under-stimulated as well as deplorable.

We barely watch TV: I'm exposed to it because my wife watches the "dot 2" sub-channels.
Her evening line-up includes MASH, Andy of Mayberry and Frazier. On weekends Columbo and NPR Cooking shows.
I haven't seen a live TV newscast in more than 2 years or watched a network program on a "dot 1" in probably 5 years.
When she goes on a trip it doesn't get turned on.

On the other hand, if I hear music, its frenetic body drums or, on occasion, air guitar.
My brother tells me I was a strange kid.
I used to back up to the washing machine as it spun out and emit sound so the vibration hitting my back would cause vibrato.
I'm too tall to do that now.

I relate to Dewey of "Malcom in the Middle":

Maybe that's why all the media's and big tech's gaslighting doesn't work.
billshurv

Post by billshurv »

Only reason the TV went on last night is I've broken a speaker banana backing it up to the bookcase to get the xmas tree in! I must sort that tonight as well as making up the cable for the second turntable

57 channels and nothing on....
mediatechnology

Google Filters Western Journal

Here's an interesting story about Google filtering the Western Journal.
The Western Journal provided screenshots to Breitbart News that show the site’s disappearance from Google News. Searches for other conservative websites continue to return results, but searches for Western Journal currently do not, despite the fact that the website has a Google News publisher account. https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/12/ ... -searches/
Google wants the Western Journal dead.

I decided to conduct my own tests.

First the Washington Post:

Western Journal:

https://www.westernjournal.com/

And now the results for site:focusdailynews.com which is the local paper for Desoto Texas a city of 49,000.

https://www.focusdailynews.com/

You're either a publisher liable for your content that can censor or you're a carrier/utility that cannot and has immunity.

But in any case whatever Google is, it is a company that does not hesitate to act against the interest of its customers.
That is a recipe for failure and at the end of the day Google isn't acting in its own self-interest.
That is a sign of mental illness and Google is one sick company.
mediatechnology

It's a small start:

it gets better...

In their defense I must say Google delivers more-focused results. :lol:
(based on the use of quotes in the article title and search term)
mediatechnology

Don't Believe Google Wants You Dead? Look At This...

Don't Believe Google Wants You Dead? Look At This...
"The Google Code of Conduct is one of the ways we put Google’s values into practice."
What is the fastest way to kill Google? According to Google the fastest way to kill Google is to kill yourself. These people are sick.

The AI monster does want you dead and it wants to self-preserve.
JR.

Post by JR. »

Between social media and all those end of the year charity commercials with starving dogs, children, immigrants, suicide rates are up. The natural antidote for that is watching christmas movies but they have become so cliche ridden that I started a drinking game.

Every time we see a Christmas/Romance movie cliche chug a beer. If the movie repeats the same cliche twice drink a shot.

Trigger cliches in no particular order:
1- Interrupted first kiss.
2-Old man really is Santa Claus
3-Magical icons with special powers
4-Wishes made to Santa Claus come true
5-Accidentally run into ex-lovers.
6-Best friends recognized as love partners
7-True love develops overnight (in less than 2 hours)
8-Big kiss at 1 hour 59 minutes
9-attractive women in too tight pants (is there such a thing?)
10-women wake up in the morning in full makeup
11-women wearing stiletto high heels in snow and mud
12-snow flurries in warm climates
13- deceptive emotional manipulation
14-royalty secretly posing as commoners, girl marries the prince/king/whatever.
15- vehicle problems too easily fixed
16-angels (elves) in real life
17-ettiquite mistakes at formal dinners and friendly staff.
18-impromptu snow ball fights
19- kitchen/cooking disasters; blender explosion, flour fight, burned cookies, etc.
20-unexpected love triangles
21-literally "saving the farm"
22-silly made up town/country names
23-international travel without securing a passport
24-white lies that snowball into plot lines
25-free evening gowns/wedding dresses
26-solo acoustic guitar/piano that sounds like full orchestra... raw vocals with tons of reverb
27-recycled plots from classic movies
28-public enemies become private love interests
29-weather interrupted travel plans, throwing strangers together
30- impractical business plans/solutions
31- unlikely workplace scenes, like unsanitary wine thief used in a winery, etc.
32- female assistant pretends to be boss, wears her designer dresses.
33- more than one christmas tree per room

Etc,,, Do not play this game if you are driving or have alcohol management issues. Enjoy I'm sure I missed a few.

I think the scriptwriters get extra credit for copying classic movie themes, but now they are so bereft of original ideas that they are copying other christmas movie plots. Another cliche that I didn't list is the forced diversity being sure to check every diversity box in every movie. One recent movie combined two check boxes in one secondary character. In a small vermont town the preacher complaining about his new baby causing him to lose sleep, introduces his wife (a black man). That twofer deserves double shots. :lol:

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture", do not support mob hatred.
mediatechnology

Nice list Jr.
In the interest of conserving screen real-estate I won't quote it.

I haven't been in a movie theater in 20 years.
The BluRay player was turned on sometime this year I think.
The last DVD I bought was probably about 3 years ago: I think it was "North by Northwest."

When I need entertainment I usually grab a pair of clippers and wander in the woods for a few hours.
Or when I'm focused on the part of the yard the rest of the neighborhood sees I run the mower.
When its raining or cold total immersion in electronics or IT.
There's always something to do and see without ever leaving the property.
Its been that way since I was a kid.

Since I was a teenager I always thought I had a choice to be someone who consumes content or creates it.
I chose the later.
Maybe that's why gaslighting just doesn't work.

When I was a kid my father was friends with director Roland Kibbee https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Kibbee
Roland, a pilot, sometimes "worked" for my Dad ferrying aircraft.
My Dad once told me that Roland liked flying so much he actually would pull the power back on a long flight to make it even longer.
One summer Roland personally gave us Hollywood studio tours.

Seeing the production process, being on set during a shoot of "Ironsides" and watching Raymond Burr jump out of his wheel chair the instant the director yelled "cut" showed me first-hand that it was all fake.
Fortunately, for a ten-year-old kid I knew Santa Claus wasn't real so it wasn't a great let-down.

The thing I remember the most about that day was that Raymond Burr looked really pissed-off. :lol:

Its very hard for me to sit down long enough to watch anything on TV even if I wanted to.
There's a big-ass window with the great outdoors that always seems to be calling.
Maybe that's why the biggest screen in the house is 23" and the window 5x6'.
JR.

Post by JR. »

I find most serial TV hard to watch, but watch lots of movies (without commercials) thanks to DVR.

The modern PC social justice crowd would go berserk if they watched old movies from the 30s. "Baby its cold outside" is nothing compared to acceptable social behavior from back then.

JR
mediatechnology

Baby its hot inside is far more acceptable. :lol:
JR.

Post by JR. »

I ran out of christmas movies last night so had to watch a couple normal ones from my DVR... saw an old cop movie with di nero and eddie murphy as odd couple/partners, not bad, also watched an unusual military veteran protecting a young girl from a hit man... Good guys won in both movies.

I can't remember the last time I saw a truly novel movie, most are old themes rehashed... (why we like christmas movies, no surprises).

JR